Sunday, 27 August 2017

When Things Don't Go Your Way


Competitions
There was an open meet for the LICC (London Inter-club Challenge) held at Allianz Park on the 29th of July and I had ran on this track once before in March for Varsity. For Varsity though, I only ran the 3rd leg of the 4x100m relay so I didn't try out a block start. I didn't realise the track is rock hard and it hurt to kneel in a block start!

As I arrived, I registered for the 100m and 200m and went to the warm-up area and felt quite confident about the upcoming race. Yet, it turned out to be the worst time I've ever ran for the 100m. There was an hour break between the two races and soon went off to warm up for 200m, but I had just lost all motivation.

As if it was pathetic fallacy, it started to rain and become even more gloomy. The rain caused delays in the races because it interfered with the electronic timing, which just meant we had to keep warm until it was our heat. Fortunately, I did redeem myself with this race and ran a decent time, considering the conditions.




Life
I've had a lot of free time doing nothing, without set plans and chilling at home. There's often days that don't go your way with your mental state, you don't want to face the crowds of people and feel suffocated. I refuse to go shopping or travel to malls or known congested places during the summer when school is out and tourist levels are sky high.


Little Things
I've not had many plans recently for plans to fall through, but when you get ready and mentally prepared for an exciting event and your budding friend doesn't want to go or postpones, it sucks!

Trains are another thing. It's not so bad in London when trains run every 3 minutes or so (although weekends are really annoying!). National rail trains can ruin your day, I've recently been using them a lot more in my day of travel, but it's when you have to change from one train to another. They run every 15-30 minutes, and you miss it, you feel like a disappointment.

Love, 
Amy

P.S I know the last two blog posts have been a lot shorter compared to the other posts, but I've just been feeling a little uninspired. Topic ideas are more than welcome!

When Things Don't Go Your Way

Competitions There was an open meet for the LICC (London Inter-club Challenge) held at  Allianz Park on the 29th of July and I had ran ...